Every year, no matter who's playing, I watch the Super Bowl. Most people do this for some reason, I've never really understood why. Is it the commercials? Is it a family event? Or are they just looking to get smashed over some buffalo wings? I know one guy from work that doesn't even watch sports but watched Super Bowl. I guess it's just something you've gotta do. The game itself was entertaining enough even if nobody noteworthy was in it. Yes, the Steelers have the most Super Bowl wins now but ask me if I care about the Boston Celtics and then we'll continue this conversation.
The commercials weren't great but they weren't awful either. The "If you hate your job" one was probably my favorite since we somehow missed the One Second Miller High Life commercial, which was my main reason for watching the Super Bowl in the first place. Aliens vs Monsters looks amazing and so does the new Star Trek movie but I'm still not to sure about Transformers 2. What is it about? Who's in it? Who's that big ass robot at the end of the trailer? I guess they really want you to see Friday the 13th to find out (which does look awesome anyway). It also seemed like NBC dropped the ball with most of their commercials. Like, the Chuck in 3D ads were awesome but the ones with Heroes characters making fun of themselves singing was pretty weak especially since Heroes really isn't in the position to be making fun of themselves. Although, the Heroes football commercial was pretty good; if only for a flying John Elway towards the end.
The Super Bowl is kind of meh sometimes and I guess this year proved that. But that doesn't mean it sucked. Following the Super Bowl from last year any Super Bowl would be meh other than a rematch. Hopefully next season we'll see the Giants back in it.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment